Updated: Jul 26
About the course
International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) was designed as a common global language for business affairs so that company accounts are understandable and comparable across international boundaries.
They are a consequence of growing international shareholding and trade and are particularly important for companies that have dealings in several countries. They are progressively replacing the many different national accounting standards.
IFRS includes standards, rules and many interpretations to prepare a high-quality set of financial statements that are comparable, understandable, reliable and relevant to internal or external users.
Thousands of accountants are using or planning to use IFRS in a short period. Many professionals managed to leverage their careers quickly in new conversion projects worldwide.
Participants will deal, in a practical way, with all the requirements of IFRS, as issued by the IASB, and main interpretations (SICs and IFRICs) tied to these standards. The course includes hundreds of practical examples and many extra activities to consolidate your knowledge with an excellent level of detail. The course is primarily designed to bring a robust knowledge to participants in a practical and efficient way.
Why to complete this course
Updated with IFRS 15 and IFRS 16
Considered one of the most complete and practical IFRS course available in the market
Self Study Online course
Includes real life - practical examples
Learn fast and easy
Support from our Executive Tutors
Prepares you for the ACCA CertIFR
The nature and operations of the IASB
The status and use of IFRSs around the world
Presentation and profit
Accounting for assets and liabilities - part 1
Accounting for assets and liabilities - part 2
Principal differences between UK/US GAAP and IFRSsde345
Proposals for change
1. The nature and operations of the IASB
· Structure of the IFRSF/IASB
· Extant standards of the IASB
· The framework.
2. The status and use of IFRSs around the world
· The use of IFRS around the world
· The IASB roadmap
· The annual IASB bound volume and its use.
3. Presentation and profit
· IAS 1, Presentation of financial statements
· IFRS 15, Revenue from contracts with customers
· IAS 8, Accounting policies, changes in accounting estimates and errors.
4. Accounting for assets and liabilities - part 1
· IAS 16, Property, plant and equipment
· IAS 38, Intangible assets
· IAS 40, Investment Property
· IAS 36, Impairment of assets
· IAS 23, Borrowing costs
· IAS 20, Accounting for government grants and disclosure of government assistance
· IAS 2, Inventories
· IFRS 16, Leases
· IFRS 5, Non-current assets held for sale and discontinued operations
5. Accounting for assets and liabilities - part 2
· IFRS 13, Fair Value Measurement
· IFRS 32, Financial instruments - presentation
· IFRS 9, Financial instruments
· IFRS 7, Financial instruments: disclosures IFRS 2, Share-based payment
· IAS 37, Provisions, contingent liabilities and contingent assets
· IAS 10, Events after the reporting period
· IAS 19, Employee benefits
· IAS 12, Income taxes
· IAS 41, Agriculture
· IFRS 6, Exploration for and evaluation of mineral resources.
6. Group accounting
· IFRS 10, Consolidated Financial Statements
· IAS 27 (revised 2011), Separate financial statements
· IFRS 3, Business Combinations
· IAS 28 (revised 2011), Investments in associates and joint ventures
· IFRS 11, Joint arrangements
· IFRS 12, Disclosure of interests in other entities
· IAS 21, The effects of changes in foreign exchange rates
· IAS 29, Financial reporting in hyperinflationary economies.
7. Disclosure standards
· IAS 7, Statement of cash flows
· IAS 24, Related party disclosures
· IAS 33, Earnings per share
· IAS 34, Interim financial reporting
· IFRS 4, Insurance contracts
· IFRS 1, First time adoption of IFRS
· IFRS 8, Operating segments.
8. Principal differences between UK/US GAAP and IFRS
9. Proposals for change
Access via internet using Google Chrome (highly recommended), Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer
The course can be accessed from Laptops, Desktops, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and some Android devices
Improved performance when used a bandwidth of 2mbps or higher
WHY TO ATTEND OUR COURSES
Access via Internet from your work, home or the tablet
Course updated with all new IFRS rules, amendments and interpretations of IFRS in force.
Our training includes hundreds of exercises and practical examples where you will understand the application of many IFRS principles using a variety of case studies.
You can securely access training courses and data at anytime from anywhere in the world from Mac, PC, iPhone, iPad & Android on a 24/7 basis.
Our training platform was built to deliver courses online so it makes sense that you can access all of your training information from wherever you have access to the internet.
Our e-Learning is a hosted online training system so there are no software downloads required to use the system. You can do your training everywhere and anywhere.
We can easily create a group of participants for corporate trainings where we can provide HR or management a detailed status report anytime.
Save on travel costs and expensive training options participating of our modern e-Learning platform tool.
You do not have to worry about our e-Learning getting old or out of date. Our team is always updating and including new interpretations and standards in your online training. You will always complete an updated version of the IFRS training with the most recent interpretations and standards. Our system indicates if a respective Standard or Interpretation was updated and you can go back and check the updates easily, during the period of your license.
Our IFRS training is used by a large number of companies and professionals all around the world, including in the USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Latin America, Africa and Asia in different languages. Our experience in many countries shows that our robust Live e-Learning package will deliver an excellent training for all participants who are beginning or would like to improve (update) IFRS knowledge efficiently and quickly.
If you are already applying International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) at work and want formal recognition of your skills, you can apply to only take the online CertIFR assessment. If you do not need certification, but want extra knowledge in the field, you can choose the course only.
DURATION 6 Month / Estimated effort 30 hours
LANGUAGE 100% ENGLISH
PRICE £235.00 GBP
Contact us to learn how our courses can support your needs or read our F.A.Q.
+442038083041 (United Kingdom)